Autumn Futures x Design
2 Days, Live-Online (Starts at 7 am EDT)
Oct 22-23, 2021
Participants gain a solid foundation in the history and application of speculative practice through a series of hands-on, project-based activities. Learners follow the Futures x Design framework (FxD), a methodology for moving through modalities and mindsets to extrapolate, create, and experience the implications of speculative future products, services, systems, and technologies. Participants will finish the program with the ability to build strategies that map toward their preferred future realities.
This course was developed by the Design Futures Initiative, and is hosted in partnership with The Futures School as part of the larger TFS ecosystem of foresight and futures thinking programs.
- Live-online across two, fast-paced days
- Facilitated in two, 4-hour morning (9:00 am – 1:00 pm) blocks and 3.5 hour afternoon (2:30 pm – 6:00 pm) sessions with breaks throughout and in between
- Accessible through Zoom (webinar technology) and Mural (virtual collaboration tool) platforms
- Eligible program for those interested in pursuing the Certified Foresight Practitioner designation
- Program Syllabus
- $1,500 USD*
- Printable Copy of the Futures x Design Guide
- Digital program resources
- TFS Alumni Community access on our partner platform, Futures Space
- Invitation to join The Future Speaks alumni-only offering
- *Looking for tuition assistance?
- Personal desktop or laptop computer
- Ability to access Zoom webinar technology (click here to enable the “join a meeting” Zoom test).
- If possible, use a webcam to more fully engage with the group.
- Headphones are recommended to mitigate background noise.
- A wired Internet connection id advised. If you are connecting via WiFi, you might find this guide from Zoom helpful.
- Complete the form below to be considered for acceptance to our programs. There is no obligation – financial or otherwise – in submitting an application.
- Once you submit your application, you will see a confirmation message on the screen. This note includes a link to schedule your introductory call for our team to learn more about you and your interest in the program. The introductory call is a required step in the process.
- Once the introductory call is complete, you will receive notification of acceptance with a link to complete your registration form.
- Complete your registration and submit tuition to secure your spot.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.